After reading lots of teaching blogs I have become inspired to share my experiences with the e-world. I guess I should give a brief overview of who I am and what I'm all about.
Well, I am Miss K, a soon to be 24 year old first year teacher in South West Sydney, Australia. At present I teach a Stage 3 class (Year 5 and 6 for those not familiar) so kids ranging from 10 to 12. I graduated in July of 2007 (that's the middle of our school year) and was lucky enough to pick up work for the remainder of last year on a 4/5 class which was an awesome experience. However, I guess my first 'real' teaching experience has come this year, my very own class, my own classroom and my own ideas.
At present, I am nearing the end of our first school break for the year, and I must say I am really pleased with my first 10 weeks. I have a fantastic class of 30 students who brighten my day, make me want to scream, make me want to pull my hair out, make me laugh and most importantly at the end of the day make me feel thankful that teaching is my profession. Sure, there are kids in my class that are tougher than others, that require more work on my part but I wouldn't have it any other way, their successes mean the world to me.
School goes back on Monday, and I for one am looking forward to hearing the kids stories, marvelling at their new haircuts, inspecting scars from their bike accidents (I'm sure there will be at least one!) and most of all - getting back to teaching. It's funny, when people have asked me if I'm enjoying my break, I just don't know how to answer. Sure, having some time to myself is good, but I miss it, I miss my classroom, I miss the chatter - Is this normal?! I just don't know.
Well, must run... this reading program won't write itself!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment